I have been slacking on the running front and I have been missing it quite a bit. I have been having scheduling issues with the kids that have kept me from it. Some of the issue is me. I can get up at 5 am and go while the boys and G sleep but I really like to sleep too. I tried taking Owen with me in the jogging stroller after I dropped Hugh off at school but he hates being strapped down and made for a terrible companion on the runs....he would cry the entire time. I looked into getting a gym membership but we just don't have the extra money for that expense. That brings me back to 5 am. I just have to suck it up and do it.
I have a friend that is doing a challenge for 2012, run one mile every single day of the year. I like a good challenge and it is not that unobtainable of one. That puts me at 7 miles a week. I think the first few weeks will be the hardest and after that I can throw extra miles on every few days.
G is currently getting ready for a half marathon in May. While I did not sign up for it with him I am intending to train with him. I want to be able to comfortably run that distance by then.
So, my goal running goals are:
1. Run at least one mile every single day in 2012.
2. Train for a half marathon with G.
3. Weather permitting I will do it all barefoot!
As far as everything else in my life. I want to keep up the paleo/primal/grain-free eating. I have indulged myself in items with grains in them this holiday season and I have not only put on a couple of pounds but I feel bad. I get a head ache and a stomach ache and digestive issues from it. I bought myself a good paleo cook book for Christmas. I do better at making great meals for my family when I have a great meal plan done for each week.
So, my eating goals are:
1. Meal plan each week.
2. Keep it paleo...I feel better when I do.
1. I want to put out a couple of posts each week. The entire reason I started blogging was to have a snapshot of my life for my children to look back on to see what I was like, what our family was like, what they were like. I also really enjoy documenting my life....it makes me feel like there is some reason for it. So, for them and for me, I need to put more out there.