Saturday, October 23, 2010

Last Minute Race and sewing

I found out about 5k two days ago and it was a reasonable price so I signed Greg and myself up for it. Yesterday I was looking at the race info online and saw that it was a costume race. I stayed up late sewing myself a costume. I made Strawberry Shortcake. I had the red material but no pattern for the skirt. Google really is a wonderful thing. I found a free pattern online that only used 1.5 yards of fabric (I had 3). I was able to complete the skirt in about an hour.

DIY: Circle Skirts

It turned out great!

The only thing I didn't have time to make was the apron. I will work on that this week because I have another costume race Halloween weekend!

Race Report for the Batfest 5K in Batavia:

The day was a bit warmer than expected. When we stepped out of the house it was 58 degrees. This was a great temp for running barefoot.

Greg and I got there and were able to park nice and close to the starting line. We headed in to pick up our race bibs....we registered too late to get a t-shirt or a goody bag.

We only had to hang out for about 20 minutes before the race started. Once we lined up I took a picture of me and Greg

And everyone lined up in front of us (I am so slow we always line up in the back)

There were a little over 300 runners.

The race went well, I paced myself at the beginning and had lots of energy for a fast surge at the end.

I finished the race in 42:36 with a pace of 13:44 per mile.

Here is the course that the race was on...

Batfest 5K 2010 course

My actual mile times:

First Mile: 14:14
Second Mile: 14:24 (28:38)
Third Mile: This one the clock was off....it said it was 45 minutes.

This was my fastest time for a race....I was very proud of myself. Greg came in at 35 minutes and something...he didn't check his official results at the race and they have not been posted yet.

No comments: