Friday, September 21, 2007

One Year: September 22 to September 22 - Part 3

...September 3, 06

We decided (after much debate) to do the clomid cycle. I got the go ahead from the RE's office after a date with the dildo cam and some blood work. I went to the pharmacy aka... the drug dealer and picked up my 5 precious tablets of 50 mg clomid and the trigger shot. I knew that the trigger was going to be an intra muscular shot but I did not realize how big the needle was going to be. I just hope that G is up to the task because I don't know how I'm going to stick that in my own bum! I have already taken all my clomid, it was for cycle days 5 - 9 and I am on cycle day 11 today. I will go in for a dildo cam date again on Tuesday the 5th of September, which will be on cycle day 13. The clomid was not my friend at all, the side effects were not nice. I had terrible back pains every day that I took it (the clomid makes the endo worse) and I was extremely emotional and I got a migraine. I have not had one of those for about 2 years. My appointment on Tuesday will tell me if the clomid is doing what it is supposed to be doing. It is supposed to help me ovulate by growing some nice sized follies which the dildo cam will see. If I have some nice sized follies then they will tell me when to give myself the trigger are they kidding... I would never stick a needle that size in me... poor G will have to do it. Then 12 hours later I will go in for my first IUI and then in another 24 hours I go in again for my second IUI. So basicly at 12 and 36 hours after my trigger I will have an IUI. Then comes the wait. The dreaded two week wait. The RE's office will do some blood work (a beta) to see if the two IUI's worked. Oh yeah, and the clomid increases my chances of having multiples. I would be thrilled to have twins but G is terrified. I don't think we will have to worry that much though because the normal chance of having twins is something small like 5% and that only increases by another 5% with the clomid. So we are only looking at a 10% chance. If something happens and we cannot make it to the RE's office for the IUI we will switch the cycle over to doing it the old fashioned way (you know I am going to turn back the clock until I am 17 and I am going to get really really drunk and we are going to do it in the back seat of a car!) by having timed sex, timed with the trigger.

...September 5, 06

I went to the baby making dating office this morning. I had 3 follies on the right, 9mm was the biggest and on the left I had 2 follies, one at 9 and one at 11 but since my left tube is blocked they are not counting that. So basically the clomid didn't do anything for me. I will go back again tomorrow morning for additional monitoring but I am not holding my breath.

...September 8, 06

Well, I went back to the RE's office on Wednesday and I found out that it is the Right side that is blocked not the Left and that the size 11 follie had grown to a 12. Then today I went to the RE's office and my follie has shot up to 16 mm. I will go back on Monday and hopefully trigger sometime that day. My only problem is that I have never given myself a shot let alone in the ass! And I'm going to have to do it at work.

...September 18, 06

Quite a bit has happened since I last posted. I received a call from the nurse on the day that I had a follie check with a 16mm follie, my LH levels had already started to surge and they were at a 41. My E2 was at 239 so we bumped everything up. G was able to give me the trigger at 10:30 Saturday night and then we had to drive an hour on Sunday morning (to the only office my RE has open on the weekends) for the first IUI. Poor G had to give his sample in the office. Then we had to go in for the second IUI on Monday morning (G was able to do his thing at home this time!!). I went back to the office that Friday for a projesterone check (4 dpo) and my level was low. The great nurse said that they look for levels over 20 on a medicated cycle and I was only at an 8.9, so they called me to ask my opinion on projesteron supplements. I could not believe that I had the option for the bullet or a pill. I of course went for the pill. I went in again this morning (7 dpo) for a follow up check on projesteron levels and I am still waiting on the call to see if they have improved. The actual IUI procedue was quick and the office has a new table for the procedure. It is contoured and very *cush*. G was able to come in the room with me for the first one. He sat up near my head and held my hand. I thought it was nice for G to at least be in the room if I end up pg. We had really good numbers for post wash of 32 million and 31.2 million. I could *feel* the swimmers being injected. It was like a cool tingley feeling in my uterus, but it did not hurt at all. When the nurse was done she tilted the table so that my hips were propped up and she said she would be back in 20 minutes, and to relax. After she left the room, G told me that this was the room that he was put in to do his thing. He told me that there was a drawer of "supplemental" reading material to help the guys out. Of course I made him get it out for me to look at, after all I had to sit there for 20 minutes with not much to do. At first glance I thought that the porn was brand new since it was in such pristine condition but then I looked at the date on the cover and it was from 2001! I guess not many guys actually look at it. Now I am just trying to keep myself busy until I have my beta this Friday. I have only peed on a couple of hpt's to watch the trigger leave my system. The last one that did was on Saturday (6 days past trigger and 4 dpo) and it took about 5 minutes for a very faint line to show up. I think I will POAS tomorrow and it should be out of my system. If it is then I plan on POAS every day up until Friday to see if I get a BFP. I would rather find out if this worked from the comfort of my own home then to wait for the beta and a nurse to call me. I have meetings up the butt this week at work so that will keep me a little busy and a girl that I work with has her 21st (boy do I feel old) birthday on Wednesday that I am planning a little something for.

...September 21, 06

I peed on another stick at 8 dpo (10 dp trigger), this was after only holding it for an hour and 15 minutes and I got a very positive result. It was quite a bit darker than the last one I did at 4 dpo, which was FMU (first morning urine, for those of you who do not know). This also happened to be the last test I had in my house so I promptly went out and bought more. I got a three pack of FRER and decided that I would pee on one each morning up to and including the day of my beta (which happens to be tomorrow!). My test from yesterday at 9 dpo was about the same as on 8 dpo but this morning's test was darker! I really think the IUI might have worked for us. Today I am 10 dpo and 12 dp trigger. I don't know if I have heard of anyone with trigger still in their system after 12 days. I don't know what to do with myself. I think time has slowed down so much that it has started to reverse. I get my beta at 7:00 am tomorrow and I cannot concentrate at work and I really want to leave.

...September 22, 06

Beta -- 152, Progesterone -- 19.1

...October 11,06

I have not posted in a couple of weeks but I have lots to update on. I am pregnant! Here is a list of my betas and progesterone levels: 11dpo~ beta, 152 ~ P4, 19.1 14dpo~beta, 494 ~P4, 14 ~ doubling time 42.34 hours 16dpo~ beta, 977 ~ P4, 12 ~ doubling time 48.79 hours (start PIO for P4 levels) 18dpo~ beta, 2300 ~ P4, 22 ~ doubling time 38.86 hours 21dpo~ beta > 5000 ~ P4, 54.8 I had my first ultra sound very early at 4weeks4days (4w4d), and my second was at 5w4d and my third, the one that showed us that amazing heart beat was today at 6w2d. The heart rate was 126 beats per min. The baby is a huge 8mm or 0.32 inches now.

No comments: