Monday, June 28, 2010

The creation of a playroom

Those of you that know me, know that I love to paint. If it stands still long enough in our house I will paint it...repeatedly. Our living room has been painted twice, Hugh's room is at twice, Owen's room is at three times, and the bathroom is at twice. All the rest of of the rooms have been painted once. I love color and I'm not afraid to use it.

I have a painting bug again...I feel this deep rooted pulling or URGE to paint again. Well, Greg has always told me that if I feel the need to paint again, I need to do the basement/family room. When we moved in it was just the two of us so we used the room as a party room/TV/movie room. It has a bar and everything. To effectively act as a TV/movie room we painted it rather dark to give it a theater quality.

Exhibits



Lives change and with it how we need our house to function for us. We NEED a playroom for the boys, and a sewing area that will stay down there. We are slowly drowning in toys in the rest of our house. It is not really because of the amount of toys (we do a regular rotation and purge) it is more because we are outgrowing our house but are stuck in it (that is an entirely different post).

I would really like to rip out the carpet too and put in a pergo floor but that is a bit out of our budget right now....so, it looks like we will attempt to shampoo the stains out of the carpet...again (can you just sense the sigh).

Okay, first step is picking a color that I love and that I can talk Greg into. He always ends up loving whatever I pick out (once it is on the wall), but it is hard to get him to agree to it. I have a friend that did a great light blue in her basement and it looks great, so that is an option. The couch (that has to stay down there) is an olive/army green so I have to figure that in as well.

I think I also want to get chalk board paint and have an area where they can draw on the wall. Oooo, I would love to get a train table too! So much to plan for..so many choices! I can't wait.

No comments: