Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1

I started my couch to 5k (c25k) training this morning!

If you will remember losing weight and running a 5k were both on my New Year's Resolution list. First, I had to wait to be physically "well" enough to do the training and then I had the obstical of Hugh and Owen. Greg's work schedule is not predictable enough for me to set up any kind of training schedule. I'm one of those people who thrive on routine. So, to keep my motivation I knew I needed a routine. So, my chance came when my mom lost her job. She was one of about 1200 that lost their jobs with our local school district.

Well, she is coming over 3 mornings a week for me to get out there and do my c25k training. It is 8 weeks long...3 days per week. My mom arrives at 7:00am just when Greg is leaving for work. I made a point to lay out my clothes last night, so it was easy to just get up and throw them on. Then, I did normal morning stuff. Last, I woke Owen up and sat down and nursed him. My mom arrived somewhere during the normal morning stuff (next time I need to wake up about 10 min earlyer than I did today to have it all done for when she gets here), and she kept Hugh occupied while I nursed Owen.

After that I hit the road so to speak with my mp3 player attached to my bra (can you think of a better place?) The first week you have a 5 min warm up then you do 8 intervals of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking followed by another 5 min cool down. I was able to do it ALL except for the last 10 seconds of the last running interval.

I was huffing and puffing and red in the face. My legs are like jelly (still) and I was sweating like a man being asked to wear a dress...But I DID IT!

So, Day 1 Down....2 more days this week...I can do it!


...............Oh, and I forgot to take before pictures...I will do that next time.

No comments: